The Postal Service: Such Great Heights
So for my final post in May for songs/artists that influenced my musical taste I decided to go with the one that made me interested in the entire indie rock genre. Because of The Postal Service I went on to listening to Death Cab For Cutie (for obvious reasons) and I noticed The Pale Pacific had come out with their album Urgency at about the same time as Plans so I checked that one out as well.
The Postal Service blew me away the first time I heard “Such Great Heights”. It was the first song that was light and poppy that really had me saying wow and made me want to hear everything created by Gibbard and Tamborello. I went on to liking “Nothing Better”, “Sleeping In”, and “The District Sleeps Alone Tonight” more, but I have to give props to the song that started it all because it is still an amazing song. Give Up is still in my top 5 albums of all time just because of the impact in had on me and really I think the impact in had on the indie rock scene.
“Such Great Heights” has what I believe might be the best line on the entire album, “I’m thinking it’s a sign/That the freckles in our eyes are mirror images/And when we kisses they’re perfectly aligned.” Did Ben Gibbard actually write the best pick-up line ever?
- half-aperson reblogged this from microwaved-kittens
- microwaved-kittens reblogged this from jason32411 and added:
- thoroughlynerdy reblogged this from jason32411
- whuzzzzgucci reblogged this from moonfoamgirls
- whuzzzzgucci likes this
- moonfoamgirls reblogged this from jason32411
- foolycooly315 likes this
- afutiledread likes this
- nayluv reblogged this from jason32411
- afmdecastro likes this
- ohyouknowdisappointments reblogged this from jason32411 and added:
- yaragalal likes this
- jason32411 posted this